6.05.2008

See Your Beauty, Feel Your Power

create logoMonday was my younger sister’s birthday, she turned 15 years old. As I gave her a hug and wished her happy birthday, she said “I have beautiful hands and beautiful hair.” I agreed and kissed each. Then I asked why she was thinking about them today. She reminded me of an exercise I asked her to do many months ago. We were walking and I asked her to think of ten beautiful things about herself. Five attributes I wanted to be inner, non-visible and five other attributes I wanted to be physical and visible to the world. Women, young and old, are bombarded with a myriad of negative influences. I believe if we all don’t practice loving ourselves and finding our beauty we forget our beauty and think that we are without. We each have enormous and unique beauty and reminding ourselves of our beauty is power. My request is that all women reading will take the next week and focus on your beauty. Write down five items of your inner beauty and five items of your physical beauty. Then for seven days look in the mirror and say each of these things to yourself ten times. See if you feel any different at the end of the week. My hope is that you are reminded of your inner and outer beauty and the power that you hold. And when we give ourselves permission to be powerful and beautiful, we give all the other women around us permission to do the same. Imagine the impact our small actions can have. Find resources and articles on MargaretPundmann.com: Globalized Workplace Integrity - We Are Our Word Connect to me: Margaret Pundmann's LinkedIn.com Profile Margaret Pundmann's MySpace.com Profile