11.18.2008

Make Meaningful Connections!

Dear Friend,
In nature we never see anything isolated, but everything in connection with something else which is before it, beside it, under it, and over it.
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

This week I celebrated the arrival of my first book! The book signing experience was exceptional. Not because I sold my first million copies (smile!), but because of the connections that I made with some incredible people. After months of working on my book in relative seclusion it was heart-warming to feel the connections of friends, family, family-friends, and new found friendships this weekend. What it made me realize is how desperate we all are for deep, true connections with the people around us. My experience this weekend reminds me of a chapter in The Emerging Woman entitled "Open Up." Here is an excerpt. None of us is an island unless we choose to ignore the bridges in our life. Reach out. Walk across your bridges. In this world of drive-throughs, delivery service, and techonlogy devices, it is easy to sit in our office or home and feel alone. In fact, even if we are "chatting" on the Internet, I am not sure we can fool ourselves into believing that we are meaningfully connected to anyone. It is easy to be stuck in a rut and forget that we have a beautiful web of friends, family, and colleagues who love us and care for us. This web of friendship is designed to support us and celebrate with us. Yet our web of connections is only as good as we are at using it.

Make It Happen This week I'd like to ask you to consider how you can make meaningful connections with the people in your life. Make of point of connecting, not for them, but for you. Blessings to you!