5.30.2008

Why Would I Hire a Coach?

create logo

After explaining that I am a coach and what I do, I often get the question, why would someone hire a coach? This is a question of tremendous merit and value. A coach provides unconditional support for a client in reaching their highest potential. A client may have goals they are reaching towards and some will be attained and some will be replaced by new goals more in sync with the client’s authentic self. Through this process of discovery a coach supports who the client is with unwavering care, listening and advocacy. Typically, clients work with me because they have a vision for their future and want a partnership where, together, we can explore and refine their vision as well as strategize on ways to achieve the vision in the most effective and efficient path. For some this means accelerated sales goals, for others it is exploring who they are and helping them define and become who they want to be relative to their personal, spiritual and professional life. To expound upon the variety of reasons why someone would desire to work with a coach, I’ve compiled a list below.

  • Courage to make significant change
  • Create stronger, deeper relationships
  • To make better decisions
  • To gain clarity on my life’s purpose
  • Build a business
  • To set better goals
  • Attain personal goals in an accelerated fashion
  • Attain professional goals in an accelerated fashion
  • Take control of my financial situation
  • Greater financial success
  • Organize my life
  • Help prioritizing competing forces in my life
  • Gain insight into my truth
  • Finding peace through transition
  • To understand the role and influence of technology on my life/job
  • Have a collaborative partner
  • Strengthen and develop my leadership skills
  • Have lasting impact on the world

Do some of these goals resonate for you? That is tremendous! Consider accelerating your path to achieving these goals by hiring a coach to help you create a path to reach and achieve what you want and deeply desire for yourself. The International Coach Federation (ICF) is largely considered to be the governing body for accredited coaches around the world. Visit them at www.coachfederation.com to search for a coach that will best meet your needs.Next week stay tuned for questions to ask a prospective coach and things to consider when hiring a coach and to ensure you find the right coach for you! Find resources and articles on MargaretPundmann.com: Globalized Workplace Integrity - We Are Our Word Connect to me: Margaret Pundmann's LinkedIn.com Profile Margaret Pundmann's MySpace.com Profile